Living alone

You’re flying the nest. That means you now receive the child benefit yourself.

If you are going to live alone, you do not need to inform us of anything. We receive the necessary information from the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises automatically if your address changes.  You therefore need not do anything. You receive your own child benefit in the following situations:

  • If you are going to live alone, you yourself receive the child benefit under two conditions:
  • You are at least 16 years old.
  • Nobody resides at your domicile who provides for your maintenance or upbringing. If this were the case, that person would receive the benefit.
  • If you are married, emancipated or you receive child benefit because you have children, you receive the child benefit for yourself.

You can also assign a parent, step-parent, adoptive parent or parent-in-law as the recipient of the benefit. This may be advantageous for you as this person may be entitled to a higher child benefit. The person assigned as the recipient receives the benefit from the following month. Contact us if you wish to assign another person as the benefit recipient.